Friday, November 9, 2012

My blog

There is no such thing as an empty nest when you’re a writer. Sadly, sometimes the company is so good inside my head that all I want is to be alone with my trusty companion (computer named Tonto) at my side.

I owned two art galleries and worked in the field of interior design for over two decades, so upon the sale of my second gallery I had time to write, was a pest to friends and family to read what I’d written, and encouraged to publish my work. (After writing something deemed publishable, that becomes the second learning curve.) But, here I am with my fourth book about to launch and loving how things I see and hear grab me and insist on being framed with words. So, having owned a gallery and being a designer has given me a rich palate to use to paint my pictures with words – not paint.

And, in my head, the picture is there, painted for a subjective reader to picture in their own details, with my words the frame around a picture that is ever changing.

No comments: